Ah, Portland: home to bicyclists, coffee connoisseurs, swingers, strippers, pole contortionists and gangbang aficionados. Wait, what? That's right—this friendly Northwest town is also the home of free love and freaky sexcapades. For Portlanders who require a little something different to get their juices flowing (when you've seen 35 strip clubs, you've seen them all), here's a summer checklist of raunchy adventures.
- Get the right tool for the job! She Bop (909 N Beech St., 473-8018, sheboptheshop.com) is a new spot for safe-sex gear and goodies. Sure, it has fancy glass dildos and a vibrator that syncs up with your iPod to rhythmically pulse along with music, but our favorite is the shopâs sex-ed demo series ($20 per class). June 23 brings âFull-Bodied Fellatio.â
- Bring your new toys along to Darkladyâs annual group Masturbate-a-thon June 25 (masturbate-a-thon.org).
- For those shoe-licking types who dream of being smothered in hundreds of pedicured toes at a time, your dreams have officially come true. Foot Night comes to Portland July 21. See the somewhat alarming details at footnight.com/portland.html.
- The fetish scene gets a queer injection in August during Leather Pride (oregonleatherpride.org, Aug. 5-14), with almost two whole weeks of floggings, bootblacks and hairy bears in assless chaps.
- If freaky fetishes arenât your thing, class it up with a trip to one of Portlandâs retro burlesque events. Local pin-ups like Sandria Dore shimmy each month at Rosehip Revue (sinnsavvyproductions.com/rosehip-revue).
- Sunny Portland days inspire locals to relax and enjoy the weather the way anyone else wouldâby getting buck naked in public, of course. We flock to âclothing optionalâ beaches such as Sauvie Island, while male cruising action can be found at Rooster Rock State Park (check out cruisinggays.com). For those who enjoy public, urban nudity without the sexual overtones, thereâs the annual World Naked Bike Ride June 18 (shift2bikes.org, see details in calendar, here).
Click on a Story Below