5. "MY PRESENCE WILL BE COMMMANDING. MY REPERTOIRE SENSITIVE AND FULL OF GOODNESS. MY ARRANGEMENTS PRACTICALLY ILLEGAL. MY VOICE OF REASON RIGHT ON."
4. "my new seamstress from portland opera's costume shop is already hard at work. brand new REAL bow ties for my boys on the stand...TOP SHELF all the way."
3. [Pianist Andrew Oliver is] "young, strong, SMART, energetic, eats TONS of vegetables and is a complete bad ass on the piano. (has suspenders.)"
2. "WE DRESS FORMALLY AND EXPECT YOU TO DO THE SAME. TIME FOR YOUR BEST SELF. i'll be in some 30 yards of fabric, showdogs encased in a custom flamenco bodice."
1. "i slept with a highlighter in my pocket last night. isn't that ridiculous? i woke up laughing and pondering self-realizations. it was an orange one, stuffed in the pocket of my red robe. what was i thinking?...at this point, i wouldn't blame you for wanting to block me as a sender."
SEE IT: Portland jazz singer Tasha Miller plays Jimmy Mak's on Thursday, Dec. 15. $25 (benefit for Chapman Elementary School). First set (7:30 pm) is all ages.