Peep this: Easter is a bummer for grown-ups. It’s all ham and shoeshines, not chocolate bunnies and plastic grass.
And no adult egg hunts. Well, until now. We hid a dozen plastic eggs in blue Willamette Week boxes around Portland. Clues to find each location are on this page. Reach to the roof: Taped inside each box, you’ll find a plastic egg with a certificate good for one of 12 fabulous prizes, including a Mt. Hood Meadows lift-ticket voucher and a $50 Huber’s gift certificate.
When you find the egg, please email the code to email@example.com and we’ll respond with a list of available prizes. Winners will pick in the order their response is received.
1. Where freeway-car spotters ride trains every day
The lines Red, Green and Blue but the nearest bar Gray.
2. This bar’s named for the view but it’s blocks from the bluffs
Where thin boys and wan girls watch sunsets and dock toughs.
3. Drop off your mail and pick up a Willy
Get a tux from the Mr. and look like a dilly.
4. A Southeast spot to dine no matter the hour
For omelettes, burgers and a ton of flour.
5. This mom-and-pop shop pours habanero mochas at dawn
And even after many years, the tiger lives on.
6. A hipster hotel where Frappuccinos are uncouth
Sip espresso in the lobby, complete with photo booth.
7. You just need one buck at this Foster shopping spot
Grab a cup of Dutch joe on your way to save a lot.
8. Kingpins and scrooges share brews and a bite
Outside, the BrewCycle makes a stop for respite.
9. How many hunters does it take to spy
This box across the street from the Alibi?
10. Under a big white sign that named Mr. Burns
Lewis, Clark and Ward are gone but the world still turns.
11. The Occupation is over and an elk still stands
Look below a tower named for one of the warring clans.
12. “16 Military Wives” were shot
Across from this Southeast burger spot