Carty award winner Kevin Sandri of Garden State.
Whiffies Fried Pies owner Gregg Abbott.
- Aasif Mandvi, who was in town promoting his new movie, was spotted at the fest by Foodcartsportland blogger dieselboi. And at least one Portlander may have found true love.
- Nick Zukin posted an excellent roundup with pretty photos on his blog.
- There are more great photos at Daily Blender.
- Portland Food Adventures also had a good time, as did Tomatoes on the Vine.
- Hungry Vegan posted a meat-free take.
- Eater PDX noted an important link between Eat Mobile and Ruth Reichl (squee!).
- Pechluck offers a detailed report on just about every cart.
- PDXfoodiepalooza was particularly impressed with the bathroom situation.
- Even the Yelp crowd seem to have liked it, and they hate everything.
A huge thank you to all our participating food carts, event sponsors and army of Eat Mobile volunteers.
All photos by Roger Bong, rogerbong.com.
Tasty ice cream from Fifty Licks.
The crew behind Micro Mercantes delish tamales.
Banana peanut butter sandwiches at PB&Js.
Photo: Eat Mobile judge Scott Givot, prez of the International Association of Culinary Professionals, fills out his Eat Mobile score sheet.
The People's Pig—with pig.
Dirty Mittens play Eat Mobile.
Potato Champion's Mike McKinnon.
Y La Bamba serenades the Eat Mobile crowd.
Flavorspot nabs its runner up certificate for the Cartys "People's Choice" award.