The Polar Plunge is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support Special Olympics Oregon athletes by jumping, walking or slowly crawling into the frigid and icy Oregon waters. The event is open to the public, and all spectators are welcome free of charge!
Participants must raise a minimum of $50 for the right to take a wintry dip in the river in February and will receive a commemorative long-sleeve t-shirt and a bowl of soup, plus bragging rights!
Saturday, February 21st. Broughton Beach, Portland. Check in 8:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Event at 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.soor.org/plunge/index.html.
Tips for a Successful Plunge:
• Bring a robe…this will make you the envy of all robe-less plungers. It's great to have on while you wait to plunge and even better to slip into when you're done!
• Tennis shoes or water shoes required…remember, the ground is freezing!
• Bring extra towels or a blanket…you can never be too warm.
• Bring layered, loose fitting clothing for after the plunge! It's easier to get into when your fingers are freeeeezing!
• Plunge with friends…it's more fun!
• No diving or entering the water head first.
• No wet suits or loose clothing.
• A warm tent will be on site to warm your bones after the plunge.
• Polar Plunge is not responsible for your lost or stolen property. Leave valuables at home!