When the Oregon
election results come out tonight, one of the biggest winners will be someone who's not even on the ballot.
, the political consultant of choice for Democrats and those who want to raise taxes, has collected big bucks this election cycle to provide strategy to the following people and organizations:
Democratic gubernatorial candidate John Kitzhaber
2) The Democratic Party of Oregon;
3) The Oregon Historical Society, which is asking Multnomah County voters to approve Measure 26-118;
4) The state Senate Democratic Leadership Fund;
5) The Measure 76
campaign to set aside lottery money permanently for state parks;
6) Planned Parenthood
7) The Measure 26-114 campaign to establish a permanent tax base for the Multnomah County library system;
8 The public employee-funded Defend Oregon;
9) Oregon Climate PAC (funded by patent heir and winery owner Eric Lemelson);
10) The Oregon Education Association
11) Metro President candidate Bob Stacey
12) And a batch of Democratic candidates for the Legislature.
How much does Wiener's advice cost? According to state records, he took in more than $1.5 million in fees
for this general election. And that doesn't include what he may still be owed.