In addition to WW
publishing its endorsement recommendation
in tomorrow's paper on Measures 66 and 67, there are a bunch of forums in the days ahead around town that can help you decide about the proposed increases in taxes on businesses and high-income Oregonians.
Here's a list:
League of Women Voters Forum with Steve Novick and Bernie Bottomly
City Club of Portland's Debate/Forum with Steve Novick and Pat McCormick:
- Who: Steve Novick, a chief proponent of Measures 66 and 67, is a policy analyst for Vote Yes for Oregon. Bernie Bottomly, from the Portland Business Alliance, will speak on behalf of opponents.
- What: Public forum and discussion.
- When: Tuesday, Jan. 5 from 7 pm to 8:30 pm
- Where: Board Room, Multnomah County Building, 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard
- Cost: Free
- Bonus!: This program will also be broadcast on Comcast Channel 30 at the following times: Tuesday, Jan. 5 -- 7:00 pm LIVE! Friday, Jan. 8 -- 9:30 pm; Tuesday, Jan. 19 -- 5:30 pm; Sunday, Jan. 24 -- 2:30 pm
- More info: http://www.lwvpdx.org/events/ballot-measure-forum/view
KBOO Radio's Forum with Rep. Mitch Greenlick and Sen. Suzanne Bonamici
- Who: Novick against McCormick, a spokesman for Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes.
- What: Luncheon and debate between these two men who also came into WW last week for our endorsement interview.
- When: Friday, Jan. 8 from 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Where: The Governor Hotel, 614 SW 11th Ave.
- Cost: Luncheon tickets are $16 for City Club members and up to two guests, $20 for nonmembers. Limited coffee/tea table tickets are $5 and are available at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. General seating is free for members and $5 for nonmembers, and is available at the door on a first-come, first-served basis.
- More info: http://www.pdxcityclub.org/content/ballot-measures-66-67-debate
- Who: KBOO community radio invites you to meet with Greenlick and Bonamici, two Democratic legislators supporting Measures 66 and 67.
- What: Public forum and discussion
- Where: Friendly House at NW 26th and Thurman (1737 NW 26th Ave)
- When: Saturday, Jan. 9th at 10 AM
- Cost: free and open
- More info: visit http://kboo.fm/node/18250 or contact Lurelle Robbins and Bill Harris at email@example.com or 503.248.4021