The It List: The Top 10 Things in Portland and the World
it list - casey jarman
Each week our culture scientists rank their 10 favorite things in the universe. The resulting list is infallible. The list is perfect. If you don't agree with the list, you are wrong. Some items may stay atop the list for weeks, others may only make a brief appearance. Some items are Portland-centric, but only because Portland is at the center of the universe. Please do not write to us, asking for the metrics behind the list. We will not provide source material. We will not be swayed. Bow down to the list. Love the list, as the list loves all things. Let the list move through you. (And, you know, if you have suggestions for the list, stick them in the comments section below.)
1. Hood strawberries are out
And they're fucking fabulous.
2. New Portland record season They're en route from the Corin Tucker Band, Helio Sequence, Menomena, Monarques and more. We are stoked about this, and about the just-announced PDX Pop Now! summer festival lineup. Speaking of which...
3. The PDX Pop Now! 2012 lineup
4. Breaking Bad season 5 promo #1 Spin, Earth, goddamn you!
5. The Predator
Rodney King's untimely passing has us listening to Ice Cube's brilliant reaction album again. RIP, Rodney.
6. Hey Man the baboon in Rock of Ages Sure, the new big-screen adaptation of the Broadway pop-metal musical is grating and aggressively dumb, but any movie featuring a well-dressed primate serving as Tom Cruise's bodyguard can't be all bad, right? Animal Defenders International might argue differently, though if we're reading this press release correctly, they're mostly upset the baboon didn't have a bigger part.