Each week our culture scientists rank their 10 favorite things in the universe. The resulting list is infallible. The list is perfect. If you don't agree with the list, you are wrong. Some items may stay atop the list for weeks, others may only make a brief appearance. Some items are Portland-centric, but only because Portland is at the center of the universe. Please do not write to us, asking for the metrics behind the list. We will not provide source material. We will not be swayed. Bow down to the list. Love the list, as the list loves all things. Let the list move through you. (And, you know, if you have suggestions for the list, stick them in the comments section below.)
2. Pat Smear playing guitar in Wings
3. Jill Lepore's thoughtful piece in the New Yorker on the unlikelihood of our current Second Amendment stance.
5. The Official Devin Ebanks Plain White T-Shirt
6. Gluten-free cookies
7. Tony Romo
8. Dan Reed Network reunion show
10. The Residents' $100,000 Box Set