Safety in the City
are we really this stupid?
Did you know that summer is the most dangerous time of the year for kids? Children will be rushed to emergency rooms nearly 3 million times this summer during "trauma season," May – August. Don't let your child be one of them!
I make sure all my kids have their own child seat or safety belt that's appropriate for their age and size, and that they sit in a back seat.
I study both my vehicle owner and car seat manuals carefully.
I always supervise young children near water, including pools, spas, toilets, bathtubs and buckets.
I never let children under age 10 cross the street alone.
in a freaking stroller
"This list is not comprehensive."
What about these
And it gets worse
For Parents of Teens HOSTING A Party:
• Plan on being present for the entire party. ... Replenish food trays and the drinks often. Your presence will help keep the party running smoothly...
However do not hang around!
• Remember it is illegal to offer alcohol to guests who are under 21 or to allow guests to use other drugs in your home.
• Educate yourself to the signs of alcohol or drug use by teens.
• Guests who try to bring in alcohol or drugs should be asked to leave. Be willing to call police...
• Guests should not be allowed to come and go. This will discourage teens from leaving the party.
For Parents of Teens ATTENDING A Party:
• Avoid spontaneous sleep-overs whenever possible.
"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...spontaneous sleep-overs. My fellow Americans, you must avoid them whenever possible."