WHAT TO KNOW:
- A Portland-area man who sued Burger King to receive the free Whoppers he was promised after being locked in a restaurant bathroom is getting his sandwiches—or the cost of them, anyway.
- Oregon lawmakers are considering a bill that would pave the way for exporting cannabis to other states.
- Yes, we know. Rumors of snowmageddon turned out to be just that: rumors. But it might not be time to relax quite yet. Heavy rainfall tonight and tomorrow morning could cause flooding in low-lying parts of the city.
- A new index ranks Oregon among the states with the most comprehensive legal protections for LGBTQ residents.
- Readers asked: If the city is pushing for Portland to be a carless utopia, why isn’t the transportation bureau adding more armed security to transit stations? Dr. Know answered.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- We asked Portlanders and Seattleites to describe their neighboring city in two words. Here’s what the best-dressed residents had to say.
WHAT TO DO:
- Ditch the earbuds. Hear your favorite podcasts live in Portland this weekend during Listen Up—the city’s first citywide podcast festival. Get tickets! (Sponsored)
To get daily news round-ups like this in your inbox every morning, subscribe to our Daily Primer newsletter.