St. Mary's Academy, the all-girls school located downtown, completed its purchase of the former University Station post office block today.

The school, which began operations in 1859 and is the state's oldest continuously operating secondary school, paid $7.6 million for the property. The new acquisition is located at Southwest Sixth and Market streets.

WW first reported the transaction earlier this year.

Christina Friedhoff
GBD Architects