Willamette Week is Portland’s go-to alternative media source for news, politics, arts and culture. WW produces a weekly newspaper, bimonthly culture magazines, major events and daily web content. We are a team of hard working individuals committed to making Portland a better place.
Wanted: Delivery Driver with Vehicle for Newspaper Route
Willamette Week (wweek.com), Portland’s most vital source for news and coverage of arts and entertainment, seeks an Advertising Director. This is a hybrid role as we evolve our business and grow back from the pandemic, to meet the needs of our advertisers and audiences.
In this role, you will act as both a Senior Account Executive (selling and executing high level ad campaigns) and an Ad Director, managing a small team of Account Executives, ideating and developing new revenue streams, sales packages, sponsored content and more, all in service of hitting monthly revenue goals for Willamette Week.
We’re looking for a unicorn - someone driven to hit revenue goals, and excited to ideate creative solutions. Our platforms (newspaper, social, newsletters, events, magazines, podcasts) are your playground, as long as we’re building the business to support our journalism.
You’re the ideal candidate, if you’ve got client services chops, sales gusto, and you have an entrepreneurial spirit (< this is a MUST!). You take initiative and leadership without waiting for direction and you’re just as happy crafting a sales outreach email, as you are concepting a storyboard for a branded client video.
- Manage a small team of Account Executives
- Work with higher level clients in building successful, long term relationships as well as executing day-to-day ad buys. Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for trafficking ads, collecting payment, providing reporting, and monitoring performance and delivery.
- Work directly with the Associate Publisher on growing the business through new platforms and creative revenue streams: events, magazines, newsletters, calendar, branded content, etc.
- Develop sales packages and outreach strategies to facilitate and direct the Advertising team’s efforts.
- Work daily within our CRM on booking ads, logging notes, managing accounts
- Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution and other internal teams to oversee advertising programs and production schedules
- Minimum 4 years experience working at a publisher, media organization, creative agency or similar company
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Proven project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate timelines and deliverables
- Experience in a client interfacing role and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Skills to give feedback to clients using data, research and insights
- A basic understanding of Excel and Google Product Suite
- Preference for Adobe CS skills
To Apply, send cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Advertising Director”.