Mayor-elect Charlie Hales announced additional staff hires this afternoon via his chief of staff, Gail Shibley:
Here are the people joining the earlier hires:
• Baruti Artharee, policy director. Artharee previously worked at the Portland Development Commission and Providence Health & Services, and currently is president of Artharee and Associates management consultants. He will join the mayoral staff in February.Hales will be sworn officially in at his home, at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 1. His ceremonial swearing-in is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 2, at City Hall, 1221 S.W. Fourth Ave.
• Lauren King, executive assistant to Shibley. King has worked in the Portland Office of Management and Finance. She is a 2012 graduate of the University of Oregon law school and currently is a Hatfield Fellow at Portland State University.
• Matthew Robinson, policy assistant. Robinson works as a policy associate for Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives Inc. and previously worked at the Securities and Exchange Commission in Florida. He is a graduate of the University of Texas law school.
• Noah Siegel, policy director. Siegel formerly served in the office of Mayor Sam Adams, where he was international relations director. Previously, he was a Foreign Service officer for the U.S. Department of State and graduated from Tufts University.
• Chad Stover, policy assistant. Stover worked in international affairs for Mayor Sam Adams. Before that, he was a Japanese language professor for the U.S. Navy. He graduated from Portland State University.
• Rachael Wiggins, front desk receptionist. Wiggins was a team coordinator for All Hands Raised, a nonprofit that champions education, equity and excellence for youths in Portland and throughout Multnomah County.