E3 is coming!
It's Burning Man for video game nerds, minus the hippies, but with an equally pungent smell.
[Ed note: Fat chance Ryan.]
Game of the Week
After the blast you discover you can now avenge all bike messengers hit by cars, as you can control electricity, have super strength, and can move like never before.
Best Value of the Week
Boom Blox Bash Party
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Describing the game does not do it justice. You build up blocks and knock them down. But that is like saying Tetris is a game where you arrange pieces—true, but misses the point.
DLC of the Week
Chronicles of Riddick: Attack on Dark Athena Map Pack
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
HOT COFFEE AND NEWS
- E3 begins next week! Rumors are already abound that the new PSP will be unveiled, as well as a PS3 slim. Expect debuts and trailers for the big releases, including: a new Halo game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and a new Tekken. And a booth babe will give her real number out to an event goer. I find the booth babe thing hard to believe, so I think it is in the best interest of everyone that I be sent there to investigate. (please?)
- The Guitar Hero website is reporting that the newest game in the series, the cleverly named Guitar Hero 5, will be available September 1st. This is just one week before Rock Band's eagerly awaited, high profile release of Rock Band: The Beatles hits stores. Surely the timing is just a coincidence
- One early piece of info from E3 is news on the newest GTA IV DLC. Gamespot reports that the newest DLC will be called “The Ballad of Gay Tony,” and will focus on the flamboyantly gay mobster from the original game. The DLC will cost $20 on Xbox Live, or can be purchased with the first DLC, “Lost and the Damned” on a disc for $40. It is due sometime in Q3, just in time for the Fall season of protesters to gear up for it.
- I am a both ashamed and proud to admit that I have bookmarked the website for the Bioshock 2 website, and finally it paid off. The Official Bioshock 2 website has set a release date of November 3rd for 360, PS3, and PC. Expect a new trailer at E3, and so expect me to gush on like a deranged fanboy about how awesome this game looks. All coming soon.
- CNET news reports that Microsoft's Zune will be announcing new details at E3 this coming week. It is expected to compete head to head with the iTouch, but no word yet on when/if they will release a ZunePhone, or when the annoying commercials will begin to air to make you feel self conscious for not being able to afford the new Zune.
- Capcom recently announced that its hit Resident Evil 5 has sold the pants-crappingly huge number of 5 million copies worldwide since its release in March. Gamespot.com reports that the sales helped push Capcom's fiscal earnings near $1 billion. No word on whether there will be a Resident Evil 6 yet—hahahahahahahahahaha…. Oh, sometimes I kill me. It is a safe bet that you can expect a Resident Evil 6, 7, 8, 9, and possibly 10, with decisions to be made on 11-29 in the next few years.
Image: Gaming babes at the epic E3 Expo.