No, we are not tired of this image yet.
For too many years my people have been shut out of the highest offices of this republic. We are shoved to the periphery of society, despised by those in power. We are the oppressed, the voiceless. I speak, of course, of the geeks.
So I was pleased to read that our President Elect (Aaahh...) is one of us.
From a collection of Obama trivia in the Telegraph
, I learned the following:
- He has read every Harry Potter book.
- He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
- He enjoys playing Scrabble.
- He uses an Apple Mac laptop. [Macbook or Macbook Pro? The world must know! ]
- He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes.
- He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics.
The man is an unrepentant geek! He groks us!
I've asked Brian Michael Bendis,
the Portland comics writer who penned 110 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man
, to weigh in on this important news. I'll update when I have his reply.