Photos by Matt Wong
1. Vegetable calendar by Little Canoe. $28.50 at Mag-Big, 3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd., 236-6120, magbig.com.
2. Portland poster by Ed Juan. $45 at Tender Loving Empire, 412 SW 10th Ave., 243-5859, tenderlovingempire.com.
3. Letterpress-printed âPortland, Oregonâ holiday cards by Beth Kerschen. $20 for a set of six at bethkerschen.com.
4. Wolf journal by Little Lark. $15 at alittlelark.com.
5. Letterpress-printed recipe cards by Egg Press. $12 for a set of six at eggpress.com.
6. Scout Books Composition rainbow pack by Pinball Publishing. $24.95 at scoutbooks.com.
1. Robots hand-painted on dominoes by Portland artist Gary Hirsch. Every one is unique. $12 each at Tilde, 7919 SE 13th Ave., 234-9600, tildeshop.com; Knack, 7824 SW 35th Ave., 244-1614, knackpdx.com; and boyjoy.com.
2. StillLife Wood Set, cast in porcelain by Klein Reid. $298 at Woonwinkel, 935 SW Washington St., 334-2088, woonwinkelhome.com.
3. Hand-thrown rope bird feeder by Pigeon Toe Ceramics. $72 at Pigeon Toe, 727 SE Morrison St., 709–5479, pigeontoeceramics.com.
4. Limited-edition mug set, created by Arik Roper for Stumptown Coffee Roasters. $100 (set of four in a wooden case) at any Stumptown cafe or at stumptowncoffee.com.
5. âKnuckleheadâ bottle opener made from steel scrap by Portland design firm Quartertwenty. $28 at Tilde, 7919 SE 13th Ave., 234-9600, or etsy.com/shop/quartertwenty.
6. Izola "Apothecary" ceramic soap dish. $18 at Noun, 3300 SE Belmont St., 235-0078, shopnoun.com.
2. Slingshot made from recycled skateboards by Portlander Jason Greene. $24 at Spielwerk, 3808 N Williams Ave., 282-2233, spielwerktoys.com; or Tender Loving Empire, 412 SW 10th Ave., 243-5859, tenderlovingempire.com.
3. Custom cribbage board by Milwaukie's Roger H. Hodge II, who drills and burns found objects with personalized designs. $15-$250+ at Cloud Cap Games, 1226 SE Lexington St., 505-9344, thecribbagemaan.com.
4. Oregon myrtlewood cutting board from CoastRange WoodWorks. $38.50 at ZimZim, 2805 SE Ankeny St., 236-7178, zimzimllc.com.
5. âLoveâ necklace made from recycled skateboards by MapleXO. $36 at Redux, 811 E Burnside St., 231-7336, maplexo.com.
6. Wooden belt buckles by Portland designer Frawn, $40, and wooden earrings by Portland's Green Tree Jewelry, $15, at Radish Underground, 414 SW 10th Ave., 928-6435, radishunderground.com.
2. "Isilde" laminate tray by the French studio ibride. $88 at Flora, 917 SW Washington St., 227-0586, florapdx.com.
3. Pussy willow and sterling chain earrings by Portlander Stephanie Simek. $125 at Redux, 811 E Burnside St., 231-7336, reduxpdx.com.
4. âHandsoapâ made from baby doll-part molds by Foliage. $16 for a bag of eight at Redux.
5. Kaweco fountain pens. $28 each at the Woodlands, 413 SW 13th Ave., 922-1797, woodlandsshop.com.
6. Ink blot tea towel by Pigeon Toe Ceramics. $26 at Pigeon Toe, 727 SE Morrison St., 709–5479, pigeontoeceramics.com.
2. Bigfoot tea towel. $15 at Aster & Bee, 4819 SE Division St., 236-8537, asterandbee.com.
3. Dinosaur hat by Bons Enfants. Skunk, bear and mouse designs are also available. $20-$28 at Local Goods, 2136 E Burnside St., 548-4390, localgoodsllc.com as well as Mag-Big, Mississippi Treehouse, Milagros, Piccolina and Polliwog.
4. Arrow fold-over canvas tote by Zanna Printed Textiles. $138 at Mag-Big, 3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd., 236-6120, magbig.com.
5. Recycled felt play food (âmeatâ and âpigs in a blanket with Tater Totsâ) by Pickle Things. $18-$20 per set at Black Wagon, 3964 N Mississippi Ave., 916-0000, blackwagon.com.
6. Wool baby bunny slippers by Shawna McKeown. $65 at Oui Presse, 1740 SE Hawthorne Blvd., 384-2160, oui-presse.com.
2. Rivers Edge Sunset Bay Chèvre. Bloomy-rind goat-milk cheese with a stripe of Spanish paprika. $44.90/lb. at Cheese Bar.
3. Willamette Valley Cheese Co. Brindisi Fontina Italian-style aged cow-milk cheese. $21.90/lb. at Cheese Bar.
4. Tumalo Farms Jewell. Bloomy-rind cow- and goat-milk cheese. $23.90/lb. at Cheese Bar.
5. Juniper Grove BÃ»che. Mold-ripened goat-cheese log. $9.50 each at Cheese Bar.
6. Rogue Creamery Rogue River Blue. Raw cow's milk blue cheese wrapped in Syrah grape leaves. $39.90/lb. at Cheese Bar.
2. Sub Rosa Saffron Vodka, flavored with cumin, coriander and, of course, saffron. $29.95 for 750 ml.
3. Clear Creek Loganberry Liqueur, made by macerating loganberries—a hybrid of raspberry and blackberry—in fruit brandy. $22.45 for 375 ml.
4. Temperance Trader straight bourbon whiskey, a 5-year-old, 35-percent rye bourbon selected and bottled (but not distilled) by Portland's Bull Run Distilling Co. $29.95 for 750 ml.
5. Stone Barn Brandyworks Cranberry Liqueur, a tart infusion of brandy and Oregon cranberries. $25 for 375 ml.
6. Holiday Spiced Liqueur, silver rum infused with clove, cinnamon, cardamom, mace and allspice by Deco Distilling. $16 for 375 ml.